CORALVILLE, IA—May 21, 2013—The Entrepreneurial Development Center (EDC), a Cedar Rapids-based business accelerator, is pleased to announce that six of its clients were recognized at the Corridor Business Journal’s (CBJ) Fastest Growing Companies breakfast. The event, held Tuesday, May 21 at the Coralville Marriott, attracted a record crowd of over 470 attendees. This notable list includes Dawn Ainger, CEO of Cedar Rapids-based Genova Technologies, named Entrepreneur of the Year. The #1 fastest growing company was Lattice Communications with 325.2% growth from 2010 to 2012.
EDC clients recognized as 2013 Fastest Growing Companies (and the growth they posted from 2010 to 2012):
EDC was the presenting sponsor of the sixth-annual event that recognizes companies with the highest growth rates in the Creative Corridor.
“The Fastest Growing Companies is a great opportunity to recognize the contribution these area fast growing, scalable businesses have on our economy,” said Curt Nelson, President and CEO of the EDC. “The growth of these businesses and more like them are the largest net job creators year after year and are absolutely vital to Iowa’s future. In the past, I’ve challenged the winners to be part of this list for years to come. This year, I challenged them to do so by taking inventory of their businesses’ leadership styles, structures and overall cultures and to make at least one change that will keep them coming back year after year.”
Companies had to earn at least $350,000 annually and were ranked based on the percentage increase in revenue experienced from 2010 to 2012.
2013 Fastest Growing Companies
1. Lattice Communications Inc., Fairfax, 325.2%
2. Compass Commercial Services LLC, Hiawatha, 224.8%
3. MD Molding, Wayland, 185%
4. Midwest Microwave Solutions Inc., Hiawatha, 176.2%
5. Genova Technologies Inc., Cedar Rapids, 171.4%
6. Select Structural Engineering, Cedar Rapids, 139.31%
7. MobileDemand, Hiawatha, 139.2%
8. Involta LLC, Cedar Rapids, 109.3%
9. Crystal Group, Inc., Hiawatha, 108.6%
10. MediRevv, Inc., Coralville, 96.8%
11.Circle Computer Resources, Cedar Rapids, 95.2%
12. ESP International, Cedar Rapids, 88.7%
13. LimoLink Inc., Marion, 87.9%
14. Cedar Ridge Vineyards, Swisher, 86.5%
15. Clickstop, Urbana, 85.1%
16. Innovative Software Engineering LLC, Coralville, 84.5%
17. Infinity Contact Inc., Cedar Rapids, 81.7%
18. Tri County Enterprises, Cedar Rapids, 77.8%
19. Coffeesmiths, Marion, 75.6%
20. Hawkeye Communication/Fandel Alarm, Hiawatha, 74.9%
21. Neumiller Electric Inc., Iowa City, 67.7%
22. Centro Inc., North Liberty, 64.4%
23. Communications Engineering Company, Hiawatha, 62.9%
24. Collective Data Inc., Cedar Rapids, 59.1%
25. World Trend Financial, Cedar Rapids, 57.1%
Other sponsors of the event included Kirkwood Training & Outreach Services, Honkamp Krueger & Co. and Nyemaster Goode.
About EDC, Inc.
The Entrepreneurial Development Center was incorporated in 2003 as a community-sponsored, non-profit business accelerator. The company provides economic growth through the development and expansion of entrepreneurial enterprises and has successfully assisted nearly 600 Iowa-headquartered businesses. Its focus is on creating local wealth for area re-investment by growing and cultivating regional, national, and international businesses. Visit www.edcinc.org for details.